This was the first live concert webcast in 360 degree video, during an homecoming celebration show featuring the J. Geils Jazz Quartet at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, N.Y. The JVC-sponsored webcast utilized the 360-degree camera and lens technology of BeHere Corporation, the leading provider of 360-degree Internet video technology. Be Here’s patented iVideo technology provides viewers with a personalized and interactive “be here” experience. With iVideo, concert fans will have control of the entire 360-degree scene and can watch the J. Geils Jazz Quartet perform, view the audience response to favorite songs from the band’s point of view, and see who’s watching from back stage. The webcast also featured conventional streaming video using JVC professional digital video cameras. The event offered interactive chat and e-mail to allow audience communication with musicians. All proceeds from sponsorship of the event were donated to the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy Foundation and contributions were accepted on-line. Other sponsors include National Response Corporation, USA Youth Sports Channel and AbleTV.net.
- May 5th, 1979 – UK Music Week Advert: The J. Geils Band, ‘One Last Kiss’ New Single July 30, 2020
- Memorabilia: The J. Geils Band “Freeze-Frame!” 1981 Tape Cassette from Egypt, EMI/Sout El Hob S00-17062 July 22, 2020
- Memorabilia: Peter Wolf “Come As You Are” 1987 Tape Cassette from France. EMI America 264 24 074404 July 22, 2020
- Memorabilia: December 1973 Letter From Atlantic Records June 22, 2020
- Audio: 1994 – Fat Music Show No.320, Chewin’ the FAT with guest Magic Dick June 9, 2020